Monday, May 12, 2008

A Classic Revisited


"You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!" - Vizzini, The Princess Bride

For Christmas my sister gave me "The Princes Bride." It is a childhood favorite, but I hadn't been able to watch it until today. And I was reminded of the quote above. I forgot what a great movie it is! How can you beat ROUS's (Rodents of Unusual Size)? I was looking online for some pictures for this post and I came across a slideshow of the main players twenty years later. I can't believe it is over 20 years old! Oh, that I could find my own Westley...

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I LOVE that show - it's a total classic.

Lewyville said...

This is totally unrelated but...I saw a new book by Stephenie Meyer. I think it was titled "The Host". Do you know anything about it?

BYU Lewis said...

Yeah, the book about science fiction, but it sounds good. It is about aliens who take over bodies and use them as host bodies, but the spirit in the body taken over by one alien won't give up and wants to find her love. The host gets the alien involved in searching for him. He is a resistance fighter. I will read it and let you know what it is about and if it's any good. Have you seen any of the twilight videos or preview? I can send you the links if you haven't...